Friday, August 17, 2007

Tornadoes

I’ve finally been back to Decker after two years, and it was great seeing them all again. I had the privilege of seeing my cousin Phillip merry his sweetheart, Marlene, Rodney’s cousin.

I got inspired to write a poem from hearing Uncle Sam talk about husband looking after wife and the other way around, making it a continuous circle. Also God being head, then Jesus, husband and wife in order, and then back to God also forming a ring that has no end.

That idea came together from having watched a tornado a few months ago, and I know the people of Decker had the same experience a number of years back. If you understand how a storm starts, with the friction from the hot and cold air causing the lightening, you should "get it."


Tornado
I am the warm air, ascending. He is the cool, Lightening strikes, sparks fly
I care for him, he cares for me, it’s a circle, spinning
Faster and faster, stronger and stronger
We whether the storm ‘till the finger
Of God touches the earth and
Destroys the work
Of the evil
One

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nel, Ich gleich dana poems mit benifits!!! Or should I say blessings? Da messages you put in your peoms are my fav. part.... I've been meening 2 tell u, :Deb