Friday, February 22, 2008

B-day

Today is my 1st blog birthday. A whole year in blog land and what am I ahead for it? I’ve “met” some wonderful, fun, faithful, people like the carebear family who have shown me that you can have an abundance of fun while you are bearing the burden of the day, also the Reimer family who are fighting cancer. I’ve learned a lot more about computing. Keeping in touch with Diane and taking a peak into Barbra’s blog has been encouraging too. MH thanks for being so brave, wink, wink. Your comments are much appreciated.

I have been seriously considering why I do it and here are all the reasons.

Why do I do it?
  • I’ve always had diaries, and somehow they were not really full of news, but more about the struggles of my heart. I have always found that writing things down helps me to see them more clearly, figure things out, and find what is really important to me, because life does get very complicated sometimes.
  • I love writing, poems, telling stories, and reading, and how do you become better at it? Practice!
  • This blog has been dedicated to God and His work so I can only hope that he can find a use for it. If I could just encourage or help one soul or bring them closer to God by telling them of my trials, it would all be worth it, and people do tell me that they are encouraged.

  • It is also a way to stay in touch with some of my dear friends who never comment. So I don’t have to write what I’m doing 17 times.
  • I have a need to express and create that I have to satisfy, it’s almost like therapy.

I have grown so much from the interaction with people. I have been able to challenge myself in many arias. Thanks to all my readers for listening . oxoxox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, thanks.

Dianna said...

Keep on pressing forward and upward! There's a higher calling waiting for you at the finish line! Press on dear!

Trail Rider said...

AWWWW thanks girlie! I am with you on your reasons to blog. i can relate.

Blogging, even tho it's not as personal as I would like, it IS a way to glorify God and encourage one another. I'm glad I found you! May God continue to bless our cyber relationship! Thank you for sharing the God in you and inspiring me as well!!!

Anonymous said...

i visit ur blog regulary and am uplifted and amazed that you are able to share your faith so openly. Its something that i'm working on as well.