Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Void

I was walking through the kitchen the other day and opened the fridge and asked myself what I wanted. We had just had snack, and there was no way that I could possibly be hungry. So I figured out that I was starving my soul, I had not fed it that day. So I sat down with the word and started to read and was I ever satisfied. I read the part that made a lot of Jesus' disciples turn back from following him, when He said that He was the bread of life and that if we feed on Him we will never hunger or thirst. Now that I think of it , it fit so well with my looking for food. I have learned a lot of this from Gwen Shamberlin's book, The Weigh Down Workshop.

Here is a poem I'd like to share, I think I wrote it a few years back. Also try this link from a sight I enjoy that happens to be on the subject. Dr. Grant has a new message/clip on it every month that has to do with his book Emotionally Free.


The Void

Empty vessel with no bottom
Need to fill to satisfy
Hungry, striving, longing, starving
Earthly things can’t gratify

Only One can quench this craving
Jesus Christ The Lord and God
You cannot contain His blessings
Overflowing joy and love
-Nelda Baer

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Now that's food for thought..

Trail Rider said...

wow, that's beatiful!

i can SO relate to what you just said. "the void"

man can't live on bread alone
blessed are those who hunger for righteousness for they will be filled!

Your pic of yourself, you are so beautiful! i love that butterfly on your shoulder.

I appreciate all your words of encouragement and honesty on my blog. I know that i'm opening up quite a bit, I pray for a protection in sharing this intamate story

Anonymous said...

Nelda, thanks for your comments on my blog. I guess it's about time I return the favor nit? lol

Love your inspirational updates! They are such a joy to read! Keep on bloggin!