Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Where did my summer go?

June, July, August...gone.

What did I do all summer? Did I accomplish anything?

I spent quite a few of Hans' nap times sweating it out behind the turkey barn in the old homestead building a garden and a swing. I have some other plans yet, but need some supplies. I was inspired to make it from a story called The Man who Planted Trees, but poor Nel can't remain anonymous. The story just thrilled me.

This is the dream version of it before I made the real thing. I was going to celebrate doing and trying things anyway even though you are going to make mistakes, but it turned out even better then it did in reality. Here, you can judge for yourself, it was made in the paint program.




Here is the real thing..









I was there the other day and the swing has already broken down but the flowers are just getting nicer and sweeter. The Alisum have finally bloomed and are giving off a musical cent.


It was meant, at first, for butterflies, because I have named it 'Butterfly grove,' but there weren't any this year. I wanted to have them eat there in the garden and have planted some Milkweed for them as well, so they could grow there, eat, reproduce, and hang out.


I also planted some raspberries, just for anyone who goes there, I can just see Mel and her best friend being chased out of there by the mosquitoes. ;)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow and double wow! it looks real pretty, your creation!!! maybe i'll get to see it at the S.S. wedding? we could sneek away and do some fun girlie stuff.... :D

Anonymous said...

I think thats why you planted the milkweed then. :P

Dianna said...

I'll rephrase the title for you [Where did my summer, etc go?] Where did Nelda go????????????

Anonymous said...

I've got some technical problems, I can only blog at certain times and everything moves so sssslllooowwww that I can't eaven leave comments on other blogs.

Anonymous said...

Lots of hard work it seems, your Butterfly Grove - but worth it I think, it looks great!
Good to see what you've been doing with your summer... J