Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blessed

Last week Rodney came in from work and joined me in the sewing room and asked me this question: "Nelda, Do you like it here?"

Well, first thing my fingers came up and I started counting.

#1 I have a wonderful husband who I can’t seem to get enough of.
#2 I have two lovely children, healthy, full of fun, and intelligent.
#3 I have more clothes then I can store.
#4 I have enough food to keep me slightly overweight.
#5 I have a huge house that I can barely maintain.
#6 I have a pretty healthy body and mind.
#7 My children still have grandparents on both sides of the family.
#8 I have some beautiful friends who refresh my spirit.
#9 I have the opportunity to spoil my kids with gifts if I so choose.
#10 The bank doesn’t own any of my possessions.

… I ran out of fingers, and those are only physical blessings. I would have to be ungrateful not to like it here. Counting my blessings can be a never ending task. It would be sinful if I had a case.

More important are always the spiritual blessings. So let me employ my toes for the job.

#1 I have God’s love, forgiveness and the promise of heaven.
#2 I have knowledge of the way.
#3 I have freedom to practice, preach, and learn God’s word.
#4 I have almost daily prayer meetings with the church.
#5 I have a preacher who teaches not only what I want to hear, but also walks before me as a good example.
#6 I have a voice that can be used to praise God with.
#7 I have a body of believers to help me should I fall into sin or get sick.
#8 I have the opportunity for good works and deeds that help the poor and blind.
#9 I have Gods spirit living in me the moment I was reborn.
#10 I have Jesus’ example of how to live and give my all.

3 comments:

Trail Rider said...

I've appreciated your comments lately. your encouragement and support means alot to me. I can't believe that the bank doesn't own your house! good job on that one! i love you how you put all the blessings.
by the way, this is carebear, not soulman...

Anonymous said...

..nell...so true...and guess what ...your roo-d friend decided to send this to all here friends...(hope you don't mind) ...you can tell me lather...and be all mad at me....but,...I really like it...becouse besides the kides and male-fore-ever-till-dath-do-us-part...it would be my list to....(x-ept church...I would go less ...bad me..)....oh,...don't have grand-p ether..but, that's ok...they were great while I had them..

Anonymous said...

It can be overwhelming when we consider all we have,spiritual and physical.Very encouraging and uplifting.God bless,Judy