Friday, May 1, 2009

Pride or Humility

My faults humility
I’ve been exploring the difference between real and faults humility. Since Jesus was washing feet with a towel and basin at the last supper, I’ve been asking about what it really means in that light. Here are some of my ideas, and I sure wish that you would add or take away according to your wisdom.
Pride

The inability to take a complement

Constant need to mention good deeds, even when no one asks

Rejecting help, service, or gifts

Putting myself down

Criticizing others to try to make myself look better

Ranking jobs

Doing good to be seen by others

Real humility

Realizing my desperate need for God

Being obedient and able to be led

Realizing my own weakness

Giving others the chance to fail

2 comments:

Carebear said...

those are truths i could chew on for a long time.
makes me think

Anonymous said...

Nelda, thankyou for posting this. It deeply touched me. Ehs iss ach suh. For sure. God help us that we be among the broken and humble. And who are we that we think we won't be faced with heartache and troubles and that all life will be perfect? If they crucified our Lord who are we to think we are any better? Let me be your servant.

AA