Sunday, January 2, 2011

Parental Highs

Our first parental high came in March last year and I'd love to share it with you as a belated Christmas gift. We found Judas at the computer "writing a song," he said. It turned out to be more of a poem and you have to get on his level to figure out what it says, but it is lovely. He is 8, and I'm all pumped that he cares enough about his subject to write about it.

i love you o god
you rain a bov us like horts
you kame as a baby in aminjr
you are ssso hole and so pawf
we are youer on hole shep
just wosh os and we shal ba as witht as sno
you mad my and avre thing and
avre thing that wos and is no more
il tri my bast to o ba you you mad the stors
and the planots and the havons and the rth
we love you
He asked me a few months ago if he will still go to heaven if he has broken one of the ten commandments, and of course I took the opportunity to explain about grace and how we become acceptable to God though Jesus. I can't say that I got it all right, or explained it perfectly, but that was one of my greatest highlights of being a parent so far.


Just found out I can load up a clip, but can't add a pic. FUNNY!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Woooow, Judas! That is sooo good. You should put a melody to it. :)
I am amazed that he came up with all that, and I urge him to keep writing. We might have another Butch G. Wipf soon. :)

hm said...

Really cute, but you'll have to translate some of the words. :P

Dianna said...

well done!! WOW!! I cod figure out most of what he wrote. What a special heart he's got. haven;t been by 4 awhile now. Glad to b back and be blessed.

Hutt-Write Voice said...

Love the poem! Out of the moutb's of babes, indeed! And Nelda I'm sure you did OK with the explanation.