Friday, May 18, 2007

I Believe

Last weekend was spent in Crystal Springs at their baptism. There were six young people who committed themselves. I now understand how a three hour sermon can seem like a few minutes.

We were all reminded of the promises we once made ourselves, and of what we believe in. Here is my creed #2 of the new millennium:

I don’t believe in ‘once saved always saved,’
But I believe in a God who saves through His son Jesus Christ.

I don’t believe in ‘speaking in tongues,’
But I believe in a God who speaks the ultimate truth and spoke the world into existence.

I don’t believe in ‘faith healing,’
But I have faith in a God who heals and is the greatest physician that ever lived.

I don’t believe in or have faith in myself,
But I believe I was created to serve the Lord as all His wondrous creations were.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

Thank you for giving me the privilage of walking with you. Enjoying the journey. Well done!