Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pumpkins

My sister Melissa sent this forward and I'm head over heals about it, it really spoke to me....

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see.

It must be a process, and I, according to my third last blog, must be at the opening up stage. It is my prayer that His knife cuts off the pride and my own will at the top that prevents Him from getting to all that yucky stuff beneath. His promise is to give me the will and the strength to accomplish, so I will rest assured that He who has begun this good work in me will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi nelda this is ur long lost cousin aaron baer just reading through ur blogs. they're very taughtful, just wanted to say hi
ur cousin
aaron baer

Anonymous said...

WELL, HI AARON!!! This is exciting, you're not really lost, are you? I mean your precious sole, but how are you? You don't live in Airport, do you? It is so good of you to leave a comment. Thanks a lot, I think you've pasted a smile on my face for a week. Nel