Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Snowflakes

We are more likely to be kept out of heaven for our lack of faith than for any of our most grievous sins. -Rev. Ernie Waldner.

This truth has resonated to the depth of my soul in the last week of worship. What will God sacrificing His Son profit me if I don’t really believe it, and why do I have such a hang up with my sin?

I was out walking in the sparkling snow a day ago and it was coming down slowly in lushes, soft, flakes. There was no wind and the stillness became soothing and calming. It was as if the Lord was saying to me again, “Though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.” This is how pure and beautiful I have made the saints, this is you washed with My blood.

It was as dazzling and as comforting as the weather it’s self. I’m so amazed and filled with wonder at how God creates moments like this. His love is simply unfathomable.

Happy New Year!! May we ever grow closer to God and have more love to share.

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

I love that when he uses the snow to parable that one!

happy new year....kinda.