Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pollyanna

I have recently been challenged not only to give thanks for the wonderful blessings in my life but also for the things I like the least; the things I complain about and detest because we are to give thanks in all circumstances. So let me play Pollyanna here and try to find the good in them. Every situation is supposed to have the potential for good.

· Cooking, there is not a mother in the city or head cook who would not think she had it made if she only had to cook one week of eight. I should also be thankful that I am healthy and able.
· Winter, that’s easy enough, the beauty of it, the rest, the chance to miss summer.

· My weaknesses and extreme feeler tendencies. God’s strength and the ability to feel for others.
Sometimes life stinks, what if there is really nothing good to be found, do I still have to be thankful? Yes? Why? Because…

· God is great
· God is good
· God is merciful, faithful, mighty and all powerful, eternal, wonderful, God IS, and that is the only source of joy and thanksgiving that I can cling to when thing don’t make sense. His ways are not mine and His thoughts much higher and past finding out. Glory to Him.

No comments: