Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things I Love

Spring...

...new life, am reminded of the song...

Lord in my heart bring back the spring time

Take away the cold and dark of sin

Oh, fill me now please Holy Spirit

May I warm and tender be again.


Fall... colors.

...my friend Carmen Hathaway made the angel and it always makes me smile remembering her. It has found an interesting place and name, the tree behind it matches it's colors perfectly in the fall so I call it my fallen angel.

Wheels...
...they remind me that God is the center of everything, or the hub. We the members of His body are the spokes and love (the rim) is what holds everything together and helps us go places.

Rain...

...tears from heaven watering the earth with life.

Fences...

















...our life is pretty fenced in, keeping us together, safer and protecting a bit from the predator of our souls.

Fog...
...it is so romantic. You know how our faults kind of loose their edge, fade, and are not the focus when we love and are loved.

Sunshine...
...Jesus is the light for our path, the Holy Spirit warms our hearts, and God gives the strength for our growth. Together the three are one like the trenity.

Trees...
...My apple tree will always make me think of the fruits of the spirit and the more there are of them the more the branches bend to the will of the Father. An evergreen stays green and growing even in extreme whether. I also love a weeping willow because it humbly hangs it's branches to the earth.

Flowers...
...being made perfect by God.

Empty park bench...
... an invitation for fellowship.

Rainbows...


















...God's promises

Gardens...
... no matter how much sweat and tears I put into making my garden beautiful, pulling weeds, moving stuff around, and tending to make it beautiful, God just puts me to shame with the beauty of wild flowers and grasses in some ditch. He coordinates colors perfectly, just randomly delighting and decorating. This is meant in the physical sense as well as in the spiritual; just one inspiration off of a poem, and one day I'll write it.

My little and big family...
...how can I describe how thankful I am to be a part of something so huge and awesome.

Butterflies...
...follow the link.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Very effective- and delightful to read and look at.

Dianna said...

I love how you can make things so alive and realistic. I love the creativity in you!

Trail Rider said...

I love your thoughts on the creation of God! I LOVE God's creation! Did you get my email? I think it was returned to me. If you can, email me at jswald@shaw.ca I have to ask you seomthing.....
beatuiful pics