Sunday, June 22, 2008

The mother of a 6 yaer old??


Little Judas had his 6th birthday yesterday and we had a little lunch party with sister Melinda’s family. I spent all morning baking friendship bread and his cake, plus there were plans for family supper, so I didn’t feel up to having a normal party in the evening with games and all. That was just enough kitchen time for me.








This is for my wonderful little sport. Not only does he attend all baseball games but he participates even when his runs aren’t being counted. He doesn’t leave pouting or stops trying. I just have to give him credit for that. But wait, there’s more, today his parents talked in front of him about taking him along to Sunnyside where grandma and his dad went to finish off her buns for the new mother, (we have a new baby boy on the colony) but it turned out that there was no more room in the van. He was a little disappointed but was a real good sport about that too.

Me: “Isn’t your daddy wonderful, Judas?”

Judas: “Yes and I love him”

Me: “How much do you love him?”

Judas: “Oh, all the way up to heaven.”

Me: “Well, you only love him as much as you obey him.”

Judas: “I love Him third best of all.”

Me: “Hay, who do you love more.” (A little hopeful)

Judas: “First I love God, then the angels, then dad.”

Well, there you go, right next to the angels, our papa.


I also found a sweet little card on the porch from my little boy a few days ago. He is getting to be quite the artist. It’s him and me hugging, I keep telling him that I’ll be hugging him till he’s a grandpa, he better be ready. So far I can kiss him anytime I want, as long as no one is around. I dig the hearts, ah?

Wingham School has started teaching their kids to swim at Southport with some Fairholme girls as teachers. I went along last week to have a peek and found it very interesting; got a few tips myself. Judas is doing fairly well from what I can see and has always done pretty good in the water.

Judas you have no idea what a pleasure it is to be your mom, you are so much like your pa that you delight me more every day. You are a blessing and I love you very much.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet peak into the lives of you and your "strankle"! Don't blink, or you'll miss something cute! :D Your boys sound like quite the characters..., just like their mom.... :P Lucky boys to have you for a mom! PS: Love the hug drawing! PSS: LOVE this update!