Monday, January 28, 2008

Me and my big mouth

I’m convinced that if I could just keep my mouth shut my sins would be down to half. “If any man offends not in word’s the same is a perfect man also able to bridle his whole body.”

To be honest, I have been punished by the Good Shepherd who is always ready to guide His sheep. “He who the Lord loves, He chastens.” I just know that I have been given more grace.

I’ve been reading the CSE blog of Kent Hovand in jail and he is still strengthening my faith even from there. Click here to get a load of his message on how good pressure is for a Christian. You’ve just got to read it!

Of course I know that no one is perfect so I will forgive myself, learn from it, take the warning, and move on, but it’s interesting how sometimes it is also wrong not to speak up. It’s one of the three things that never come back to you once they are gone, words, time, and opportunity.

Anyway, I will not be satisfied just to know the truth. I am determined to improve and stick to the old rule, “If it isn’t nice, don’t say it.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, all you commenters, I'll write my own comments. I'll congratulate myself on learning how to set up a link and thank Diana for teaching me how.

Dianna said...

We all need improvement in that area. I love this last post. I too am learning from it.
P.S by the way, you look great in that picture. Blessings my friend

Anonymous said...

hunn....I once picked up my brothers bible witch I soon decoverd...by the fact that he under-lined everyword on speech...mouth....and so forth....I was moved to know he was trying so hard..... so your not alone....sth

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!! I really enjoy your blog. Always inspiring and so challenging! God bless.