Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nothing

Just look at what the Lord has made of nothing. This picture is from our trip to Alberta a few years ago.

I went for a walk yesterday and I ended up listening to the wind blowing through the pine trees at the back of the colony. I just love that sound, it will always remind me of the Holy Spirit because of what it says about Him being like the wind. You can hear Him whistling, but you don't know where He is going or where He came from. So is everyone born of the Spirit.

So there I was in the shelter of the trees and down floats a peace of nothing off them. I caught it in my gloved hand to examine it's nothingness and let it fall to the earth because after all, it was nothing, just a peace of nothing.

Yet someday it may be used to furtilize new life.

What did God use to make man? Dust! He can make much out of nothing. He breathed the breath of life into them and they became living beings.

May the spirit do so to me, breath new life into my soul so that I can become a living sacrifice to the Lord. I want to give more than just my earthly possessions, but my whole life, time, talents, gifts, intelligence, strength and will. But I must confess I have been trying to give this of my own strength. I too must come before Him with nothing and fall to the earth.

This is where I may be used to bring forth new life, for I serve a God who can make something out of nothing. I must trust and follow Him even if I don't know where He is going or where He has come from.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

beautiful! absolutly beautiful!

I read that scripture yesterday about the wind and the spirit. You brought that verse to life for me. I was reading it pondering it. thinking to myself that I should know this, because jesus himself said, if I'm telling you these things about earthly things and you don't even know, what will you think if i talk of heavenly things?

I love when god reaveals the simplicity of himself to us. just like he did to you and you passed it on to me today, thank you