Friday, March 28, 2008

He Arose

I was in this room, it smelled of death.
It was so dark and there was a heap of every imaginably unclean thing.
There was pride, envy, bitterness, hate and many more vices.
I was so afraid, picking through the pile on my knees looking for I don’t know what.
There was a gentle tap on my shoulder and I looked up into the face of Jesus.
He said to me “Come my child, come with Me, I rose from the dead and since you are a member of my body, this is no place for you.”
He took my hand and led me out, and we entered a room with blinding brilliant light.
There I saw the throne of God, and blessings piled up high;
gifts to delight, and jewels rich and rare in His word.
I could feel the love embrace me as I stood looking at the cross.
It wasn’t very long at all until I sinned again,
then I in fear fled from that room ashamed of a broken dream.
I hurried back to that other door but found it locked and barred.
Beside me appeared Jesus with the keys and a question on His lips.
“Do you want to go back in here?” He asked in a solemn way.
“No, never ever, but what shall I do….where should I go…?”
He smiled right then and said to me, I’ll always cherish it.
“You have a choice, my dear, as I did long ago.

I arose from death and darkness into the loving light.
Come rise with me, and inter in, I’ll show you what to do.”
Again He took my hand and led me to the light.
It was to the cross He guided me and humbly I knelt down.
Repenting, grateful, trusting, and hopeful I told it all to Him.
I found the peace from fighting it and His forgiveness too.
No power on this earth but His can move this great big mountain.
I’ll never leave this room again, it’s here I’ll work and play;
I’ll search and sing and laugh and pray and live abundantly.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

So unworthy. Unworthy of it all. Saved by His amazing grace!! Thank you for the inspiration today!

Trail Rider said...

wow, This was for me today

Sniff....

Anonymous said...

wow, Nel, i love it!!! That's my inspiration for the day, just like you...! ~Debs

Dianna said...

Hello?? Anyone home?? Miss updates from my friend! Hope everything is going ok with you these days.